The above image is at link to this game in the Microsoft store.
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
I’m very excited to write about this game. I’ve logged a lot of hours on the original version of this game and I had my character up to around level 60 before my computer died almost a decade ago. I loved this game and I am considering picking it up again for myself. Here are my top 10 reasons to buy Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.
1. The original game is a classic. I don’t think I’ve ever had a mythical RPG experience quite like Skyrim since. I’m sure there are some contenders out there, but Skyrim is one of the best of all time in my and others’ opinions. With its beautiful large landscape, tons of different settlements and storytelling elements, it is extremely easy to get pulled into and forget about the real world for a moment. I could go on and on about the original game structure but I’m sure I’ll cover more about it in the other points of this article.
2. Upgraded graphics. The graphics weren’t horrible when it came out or anything, but if you are going to experience it this day and age, it would be worth experiencing it in its most polished form. The environment looks so good in the Special Edition, it will make travelling and discovering very enjoyable. There are a bunch of optional graphics enhancement filters in the special Edition that can make this game pop in our modern gaming age.
3. The Store Telling is superb. This game had such great storey telling elements. You easily get pulled into quests and side quests by wondering in any direction. Some of the missions have such thought-provoking undertones, it’s sometimes hard to decide what kind of person you are going to be in this world. It is such a good game.
4. You can be whoever you want to be. In this dungeons and dragons-like game, you can pick to be one of multiple mythical and non-mythical races. Each race has its advantages. You have a wide range of skill trees you can choose from for the development of your character’s skills. Skills like different weapon handling, crafting, enchanting, pickpocketing is some of the many skills you can choose from as your character levels up. You can also take the story where want by choosing what events you participate in. Sometimes you just get pulled into them.
5. Seemingly endless quests and storylines. This game has so much content you could play it for days straight and be nowhere near being out of things to do in this game. Skyrim in some ways is a massive achievement in gaming history if you ask me. The stories, characters and enemies are quite vast in this game. So if you love this game you will never need to stop playing due to lack of content.
6. Added content with the special edition. Bethesda added new quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armour, weapons and more to this already packed full game. So even if you’ve played this game heavily back in the day, it will have tons of new content to enjoy.
7. Game mods in the special edition. The game has been popular and around long enough to see tons of mods added to it. A decent size of popular and stable game-altering content was added to the special edition. Meaning that there is a lot of extra and off-the-wall content opening your Skyrim experience to its fullest potential. Play however you want to. Flying mods, graphics mods, if you can think of it, it probably was developed.
8. Friends not required. Ok, I’m not saying you shouldn’t have any friends in your life and you should be antisocial, but sometimes it’s hard to connect with people and your current lifestyle may not open a lot of opportunities to socialize. Say you work at a work camp or you’re stuck on the night shift for a while. This game is very immersive and it requires no extra players to enjoy it.
9. The price is completely reasonable. It doesn’t take much to know that game prices seem to be going past the $100 mark very easily these days. This version of the game is fairly new and its’ base price is less than half of that. Not to mention Microsoft continuously puts games on sale in their store and if you’re on a budget just keep an eye on it and watch for sale prices.
10. This game is a fun Role Playing Game. Skyrim is full of content but it would be pointless if the game was boring. Being a seasoned Skyrim fanboy/player, I give this game my seal of approval and would recommend it to anyone that likes RPGs, dungeons & dragons or fantasy media. This game might not be for everyone, but if you are reading this article, it’s likely right up your alley.
Bonus Reason: There’s Giants and Dragons in this game.
Well, that’s the end of my list. I hope it was helpful. If you heard what you needed to make your decision on getting this work of art, please click on one of these links to support what I do. Thank you.
Check out Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition in the Microsoft link below.