The above image is a link to this game in the Microsoft store.
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Well, I’ve been struggling to build a top 20 list, so I’ve decided to do something easy and fun to take my mind off that project, by doing a top 10 list lol. I’m going to talk about a game that I recently just finished and enjoyed a lot. I’m assuming you’re reading this because you are interested in Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. So let’s go over my top 10 reasons to play Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition.
1. Great Storytelling – Without giving too much away the story is based around a badass undercover cop named Wei Shen, who is trying to infiltrate the Triad. Through the game, your character interacts with several interesting personalities that give the story an engaging flare. The game plays out like a solid dramatic Asian martial arts action flick. Interesting fact: the game kind of reminded me of a new improved version of the true crime series. To my surprise I found out that in original development it was supposed to be a continuation of that series.
2. Solid Game Play – Sleeping Dogs is a sandbox game that allows the player to wander wherever they want, like in GTA, Saints Row and many other RPGs. Game Play mainly consists of hand-to-hand combat, shootouts and driving/racing. The game focuses more on hand-to-hand over gunplay, which is ok because both are executed fairly well. The driving is fairly arcade-like, which I think makes the game more enjoyable in my opinion.
3. Beautiful Scenery – The game is based around beautiful Hong Kong scenery and the developers did a good job of making everything seem authentic. The Asian atmosphere is very enjoyable and really takes you away from north America. If you love Asian culture but can’t afford the plane ticket, this might be the next best thing to fill your Asian scenery appetite.
4. Enjoyable Sound Track – The radio in the cars is fairly enjoyable. If you want some Chinese culture you will enjoy the fact that it is reflected on the car radios through music and advertisements. The music compliments the gameplay very well, helping you feel more in the moment of whatever is happening in the game.
5. Exposure to Chinese Culture – The very fact that this game is based around Hong Kong means that you are in for some Chinese culture during your gameplay and it does deliver. From my own experience with this game, I can say I enjoyed the Hong Kong vibe in the game a lot. So if you love the idea of visiting China, you will most likely love this game.
6. All available DLC – 24 DLC extensions from the Xbox 360 version of this game have stuffed into this version along with the story expansion; Year of the Snake and the horror-themed Nightmare in North Point. There are a bunch of cool and useful items that are added to the game to give the player even more variety in gameplay and customization. Sleeping Dogs was fine without it but more quality DLC is never a bad thing.
7. Updated Graphics, Audio and Game Mechanics – This is currently the best version of this game. So this is the game version that most likely will impress you if you are going to be impressed. From my playthrough of the game, I can say I didn’t have a problem with the graphics and nothing was ugly enough for me to notice it. With that being said the visuals I did take note of, I thought they were solid and enjoyable to look at.
8. Offline Gaming – This can be considered a good or bad thing, depending on who you are. It’s bad because there’s less replayability with no real online gameplay feature. On the other hand, you don’t need a good internet connection to get immersed and enjoy the game. If toxic PVP is getting to you, this might be a good change-up for you.
9. The Price – This game has a reasonable price for the quality of the game. It currently costs around $50, so it will be pretty gentle on the pocketbook. Once again, most games go on sale at select times. So if you’re on a tight budget, a person could wait to see if they can get it on sale.
10. Well Polished – Sleeping dogs as a whole passes in all area that makes a game good. The experience as a whole is very enjoyable and the love put into this game shows though. It’s a very underrated game that never made me once want to throw my controller at the wall. I can think of a handful of similar popular games that have tested my patience and made me want to quit the series. So I think a person may want to give this game a try if they have felt the same way at some point.
Bonus Reason – You get to test your skills at driving on the left side of the road.
Conclusion – I think this Sleeping Dogs is a solid buy and if these things are what you are looking for in a game, you will more than likely enjoy it. It’s a fun game with beautiful scenery and good storytelling. You can’t ask for much more. The only downside is the content will eventually run out and it doesn’t give the game a lot of replay value, due to it not having any online play features. However, there is a solid amount of content and it’s well worth the purchase.
Thank you for reading my article and if you are seriously considering buying this game because of what you gained from this article, please click on one of the Sleeping Dogs Microsoft links on this page to help support our page.
Check out Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition in the Microsoft link below.